Economic Strategy 2022
Economic Strategy Principles
Our strategy is set in a period of intense social and technological change. The strategy aims to define underlying principles and set a direction of travel, while enabling the council to react and respond to emerging trends.
- economic prosperity is a key enabler of life opportunities and determinant of overall wellbeing - this means that it is everyone's business
- we will take a more collaborative approach with businesses, partners and communities all contributing to local economic outcome
- climate change and the commitment to net zero 2030 will be a cross-cutting theme, with all objectives an actions designed to advance the green agenda
- the council will innovate, facilitate and drive action - using policy levers, influence, assets and resources where needed
- our plans will align to regional and national priorities where necessary to achieve the best outcome for Chorley
By 2030, Chorley will benefit from more and better paid jobs as a prime location for sustainable growth and investment, driven by innovation, new technologies and a commitment to net zero 2030.