Toggle menu

Apply to be a market trader

Before you can open a market stall, you need to first apply to be a market trader (PDF) [227KB] . It is important that you identify which market stall you need to apply for, as you will need to include this on the application form.

Tuesday is the most popular day, if this is your preferred day then please check availability in advance by contacting us on 01257 267594.

Please note, due to the market renovation, all market stalls are temporarily closed on Mondays. 


How to apply for a stall on Chorley markets

  • contact us to confirm availability on 01257 267594 or 01257 515151
  • Complete and return the  market trader application form (PDF) [227KB]  by email to or by post to Market Office, Cleveland Street, PR7 1BH
  • once completed, you must then provide the following documentation and return it to us with the form by email to or bring to the Market Office, Cleveland Street:
    • ID (driver's licence or passport)
    • Proof of address (Council Tax or utility bill)
    • Public Liability Insurance  

Please note a registration fee applies, view market fees.

All stall holders on any of Chorley markets will require public liability insurance (PLI) that covers up to £5 million.


Casual market trader (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat)

You should apply to be a casual trader if you wish to sell new goods on the market (please note: casual traders are not guaranteed a particular pitch on the market).

You must register as a casual trader first before being able to apply for a permanent market stall.

If approved, you will be allocated a stall on a daily basis at any of the markets hosted by Chorley, stall fees to be collected on the day of trade (card payment only).


Permanent market stall (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat)

You must have been trading as a casual trader on Chorley Markets for at least 4 weeks before applying for a permanent space allocation.

Once accepted as a permanent trader you will stop paying casual charges upon attendance and will be invoiced directly for stall specific charges.

If you have been trading as a casual trader and wish to now apply to be a permanent trader you need to complete a  licence amendment request (PDF) [91KB]  form and return it either by email to or return to Market Office, Cleveland Street, Chorley.


Flea Stall (second-hand goods and collectable items, Mondays only)

If you want to trade second-hand goods / collectable items, you should apply for a flea market stall.

If approved, you will be allocated a stall on a Monday on a casual basis at Chorley Markets, stall fees to be collected on the day of trade (card payment in advance only).


Permanent cabin (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat)

If you want to trade from a cabin, please apply for a permanent cabin on the market. If approved, your occupancy will be permanent from an agreed occupancy date and be invoiced directly for cabin specific charges (a deposit of 2 weeks rent will be required prior to occupation)  

Market Regulations

View our Market Regulations.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email