Health and safety policy statement
We are committed to protecting the health, safety & wellbeing of employees, contractors, and the public.
We believe that nothing we do should harm our employees or others.
We value an individual's health, safety & wellbeing above everything else.
We take responsibility for our actions or inactions and consider the effect that these have on the health, safety & wellbeing of our employees and others.
We are accountable for the health & safety performance and outcomes associated with the Council's activities and undertaking.
• Set standards for health & safety performance, and meet or exceed these standards
• Provide suitable and sufficient resources where required
• Ensure employees are consulted and listened to, and receive appropriate information, supervision, training, learning & development
• Welcome and encourage challenge where there are unsafe behaviours or poor practice
• Monitor, audit and review our health and safety performance, and take action to improve
• Seek and adopt good practice, learn from experience, share learning, and develop a positive health & safety culture that is fair and just.
• Each and every employee to take responsibility for their own and other's health, safety and wellbeing and to maintain a high standard of health & safety at work
• Health, safety & wellbeing to be a priority that is never compromised
• Leaders at all levels to demonstrate safe behaviours and practices
• Managers and employees to be held accountable for health & safety standards
• On-going learning, development, training and mentoring to be provided to enable employees to lead and work safely
• Risks to be properly assessed and managed
• Our partners to adopt our own high standards
Chris Sinnott - Chief Executive Officer - Date - January 2023