Toggle menu

Insurance claims

Information for members of the public

If you have suffered personal injury or damage to your property as a result of actions by the council, you may consider making a claim. For the claim to be successful you will need to prove that the council has been negligent and has not done everything that is reasonable to protect you or your property.

There is no automatic entitlement to compensation when something happens, the alleged incident may not have been the fault of the council.

You have 6 years from the date of the incident to claim for property damage and 3 years for personal injury claims.

If the claim relates to an incident on a footpath or a road, please contact Lancashire County Council which has responsibility for adopted highways within the Borough of Chorley.

Make an insurance claim

If you are a member of the public wanting to make an insurance claim against the council, please contact us for a form to complete. You can call us on 01257 515151 or contact us by email to (insurance is a shared service between Chorley and South Ribble Borough Councils).

Information for solicitors

Solicitors and claimant representatives should submit all personal injury claims (not exceeding £25,000) directly to our insurers via the claims portal.

If you are a solicitor or claimant representative please submit a claims notification form (CNF) directly to our insurer:

Claims from 1 January 2022 - Protector Insurance
Policy No: 2706890

Portal ID: C00585

Claims prior to 1 January 2022 - Travelers Insurance Company Ltd
Policy No: UCPOP 3993596
Portal ID: C00157

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email