Toggle menu


Report service issues

If you have a service related issue you can report these directly online. If your issue is service related, please find the service using our home page or by using the search option. This is the quickest way to get your issue resolved.

If you cannot find what you are looking for please use the general enquiry form.

General enquiry


Make a complaint

We do not always get it right. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, please let us know. Where we have let you down, we will try to put things right immediately. 

You can make a complaint online, alternatively you can make a complaint by:

  • calling us on 01257 515151
  • visiting our Union Street offices
  • writing to Chorley Council, PO BOX 352, Chorley, PR7 1AL

make a complaint


How we deal with complaints

We will aim to resolve and provide a solution to any issues or complaints informally wherever possible as this offers the quickest resolution for our customers. If we are unable to resolve the issue informally, complaints will follow the process set out below.


In all cases, officers responding to complaints are encouraged to speak with complainants during the investigation of the complaint to gain a greater understanding of the nature of the complaint and collect all relevant information.


To contact us about a complaint, use the online make a complaint form or contact Customer Services at 01257 515151.


The complaints process follows three stages:

Informal Stage:

Officers will check if the issue can be resolved through simple steps.

Where this is not possible, or not appropriate, a formal complaint is processed


Stage One:

Formal complaints are registered and acknowledged within 3 working days and recorded by Customer Services.

The complaint is considered by the appropriate team leader or manager.

The customer should receive a response within 10 working days. If your response will take longer than 10 working days, we will inform the customer and explain why.


Stage Two:

The complaint is registered and acknowledged within 3 working days and then considered by the appropriate Head of Service or Director.

The customer should receive a response within 10 working days.

This is the final stage of response from the council.


If you are still unhappy with the way we have dealt with your complaint you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman

The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771

Telephone: 0845 602 1983


Make a complaint about a councillor

You can make a complaint about a councillor by emailing

Alternatively, you can write to:

The Monitoring Officer
Chorley Council
Town Hall
Market Street

To view the process in full please view more information on the constitution of the council, select the most recent constitution, then member code of conduct.  

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email