Toggle menu

Animal welfare licensing

Animal boarding licence

A licence is required if you provide accommodation to other people's dogs or cats. Accommodation includes commercial kennels, catteries and home boarding and day care centres. We may call upon the service of an approved vet for new applications

Pet shop licence

To run a business selling pet animals, you need a licence from us. This includes all commercial selling of pet animals, including pet shops and businesses selling animals over the internet.

Dog breeding premises licence

You must have a dog breeding licence if either; you run a business that breeds and sells dogs or if you breed 5 or more litters in a year and sell any of the puppies. It is an offence to keep a breeding establishment for dogs without an appropriate license

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email