Accessibility tools guide
Need help reading our website?
We have added the world-leading digital inclusion software, Browsealoud, to our website - making our content more accessible with reading and translation support.
How to use Browsealoud
Select the Browsealoud launchpad 'Speak' that appears on the top left of your screen to launch the support toolbar. Then simply select the relevent option to help you use the website your way.
How does Browsealoud help?
Browsealoud offers a host of reading and translation support - helping you to access and understand our website better.
- text-to-speech: select any text to hear it read aloud
- translation: written and spoken translations in multiple languages
- text magnification: enlarges text and reads it out loud
- mp3 generation: converts selected text into an MP3 audio file
- screen mask: blocks distractions on screen with a tinted mask
- web page simplifier: removes clutter from the screen, displaying only the main text
- settings: customise options to suit individual needs or preferences
All the features are accessed from an easy-to-use toolbar. The Browsealoud accessibility features also work on any PDFs on the council website, please ensure you start Browsealoud before opening PDFs in order to take full advantage of the features.
Watch the Browsealoud Features video to see Browsealoud in action.
If you are struggling to access the information you require on our website, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com