Private rented housing
We work closely with a number of private landlords in Chorley to assist people with accessing suitable affordable accommodation in the private sector.
We provide a dedicated private sector accommodation finding service to help customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness to access suitable private rented accommodation.
To see if you are eligible for a referral into the accommodation finding service, please contact us on 01257 515151 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rental bond scheme
We operate a paper bond scheme to assist Chorley residents who are homeless or threatened with homelessness with accessing private rented accommodation who may not be able to afford to pay a cash bond.
To qualify for the rental bond scheme, you must:
- be homeless or threatened with homelessness
- be engaging with the accommodation finding service or have found a private landlord willing to accept the paper bond
- be on a low income or receiving benefits
- have insufficient funds to pay a cash bond
- be capable of independent living
- have found or are looking for a property which is affordable.
For more information about the rental bond scheme, please contact us on 01257 515151 or email email@example.com.
Tenancy support service
We operate a tenancy support service which provides additional help at the beginning of a new tenancy, this could include:
- setting up utilities
- speaking with the landlord
- securing funding for moving costs, furniture or equipment
- accessing additional ongoing support.
For more information about the tenancy support service, please contact us on 01257 515151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.