Toggle menu

Register to vote - students and second homeowners

If you split your time between 2 addresses, for example if you are a student and have a home address and a term address, or if you own and live in more than 1 property, you can register to vote at both addresses (as long as they are not both in the same council area).

In order to register to vote you will need your national insurance number, so please have this to hand before you start.

At national elections, like a general election, you can only vote in one place, but you can choose which place you vote in.

Voting in more than one place at a national election or referendum is a criminal offence.

Register to vote

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email